Just past the Olympic Peninisula @ Lapush

Just past the Olympic Peninisula @ Lapush
Imagine if...life could always be this peaceful and serene

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Life on This Day May 12, 2010


Different faces rushing to and fro. In the middle of all the rushing you turn around and look into a pair of brown familiar eyes. A pair of very familiar brown eyes that belong to you. I stop and find myself looking into the eyes of strangers, yet theres something so familiar and I wake up and look at my clock and its time to start another day. Opening my freezer I pull out a large tray of frozen hamburger, whilst I fretfully calculate if I have enough pasta or potatoes to make a large and inviting dish. Yep, a dish that my family and I will take to my SL site and gladly share with our less fortunate neighbors in Everett. My SL site the Everett Meals Program, has grounded my very busy and sometimes disarrayed life.

I thought I lead a very busy life before school became my reality. Needless to mention, somehow is the middle of all the hustle and bustle of my everyday life SL found it's way into my Saturday evenings. Huh! And here starts a new chapter into not only a busy, but now a truly complicated life, that looks like will become my traditional Saturday Night...Uh, err, um...no, not my NIGHT, just my evening...=)

Life before SL, gave me 3 hrs. to read. ha ha! Yes. My life revolves around books and more books. Okay, sometimes I occasionally throw in a magazine or two to help balance out my focus and to let me know that my family is waiting for me to get ready so we can go hiking, or take a walk in a new trail. That's my kind of talk! Books and trails? We've got the making of one moving novel. Now let the words start to flow and open your mind up to how my life has changed for the better, by being a part of my SL site the Everett Meals Program.

I've always had compassion for the hungry, the homeless, the sick and the poor. There were times that I acted on my compassion and helped with food and or money donations, but this times, by involving my family and watching them learn and experience right besides me has given me a feeling of contentment. The Lord never gives you more than you can handle, and right now he's non-stop serving me a great pile of love and compassion. Not only have I been more compassionate I know that I've changed deep down inside where it counts. Yes, where the experience will shape you, and you'll always be able to bring it to memory whenever you need to be humbled. I want a transformation for my family and I'm hoping that they will become even more compassionate and patient with those so much more less fortunate than we are as a family.

In my closing words. I will continue with my journey with my SL ( we will continue to help and feed our neighbors, long after my 10 hrs of SL is over) and as this chapter in my life with English 98H comes to end, I'll always reflect back on the learning and growing that has helped me to respect everyone. I will never forget. And I will never forget you...

2 comments:

  1. i love the way you write :) your open minded outlook on life inspires me to be a better person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so neat to hear that your whole family has gotten involved in service. What a great example you are setting for your kids. Thanks for sharing your experience!

    ReplyDelete